Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Way late bragging....

But, better late than never when you're tooting your own horn, I always say.

Just kidding. This is totally proof of the Lord's faithfulness to me!

After Valentine's Day this year (I TOLD you it was way late!) I was at Dillons to do my normal grocery shopping, and I decided to take a bit of a detour to look at their Valentine's stuff that was marked down 75% off. And, I found TONS of stuffed animals that would work GREAT for our church's Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes! (As a side note - this is a FABULOUS program put on by a FABULOUS organization, so you should totally check it out!)

These stuff animals were just bears and pigs and frogs and things, with no "Happy Valentine's Day" or anything written on them!

And best yet, they were all under $1.00 a piece! This is fabulous because my church tries to send out nearly 300 boxes a year, and if we don't have a stuffed animal to go in each of them, be go to the local Dollar Store and buy them. But, some of these were well under $1.00! Some were even $0.25! I was sooo pumped...

And this is the point where people started looking at me like I was crazy.

I wish I had had my camera with me.

I bought a WHOLE CART LOAD!

It was so funny to see the look on the cashier's face. And, the man who was bagging the groceries! He cracked me up. When he saw me coming he ran and got trash bags to put all of the stuffed animals in for me! It was fabulous!

(Can you tell by all my CAPITAL-LETTER WORDS that I'm a LITTLE bit EXCITED about this TOPIC?!)


Isn't the Lord good?! BUT, He didn't stop there.

After I got all the stuffed animals out to the car (2 trash bags full), I went back in and did my normal grocery shopping. I was going to just go home afterwards, but I couldn't resist a stop at Walgreens to see what they were marking down from Valentine's Day.

And they did not disappoint!

I got 100 pink plastic cups (the kiddie ones, not disposable ones) for the shoe boxes also, for four cents each. FOUR cents EACH! I'm telling ya'll...God is good!

I may have also picked up some really cheap Ghirardelli chocolates for myself that I've been enjoying for months now without even putting a dent in my stash. But don't judge me! They were like $1.00 for a dozen sweet sweet squares, and they're super tasty. I'll share them with you if you're ever at my house!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

He he he he...nice fine print! God is good, isn't He?

Laurel said...

Yay for the deals and lol at your fine print. :-)

PS - Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Jessie said...

ha ha I like how you wrote in tiny letters about you getting candy for yourself

tsbjf said...

Dude, awesome deals!!!! It is totally a feeling of excitement when you find stuff like that!!!