I really do have a reason for confessing my awful blog addiction to you all. While reading tons of back posts of a blog I discovered a few weeks ago, I came across a blog post I am totally jealous of!
She mentioned how it's a blog tradition to list 100 things about yourself on your 100'th blog post, and then she did it! She listed 100 things about herself! (This is totally the type of gem I'm hoping to find when I start reading past posts! Just think of all the things I wouldn't know about her if I hadn't read that post!)
But, the reason I was so jealous of this post is because I passed the 100 post mark quite a while ago, and no one ever told me about this tradition!!
SOOOO...I'm going to do it anyway. And, if the blog police find out, I'm blaming you guys! :-P
(Also, I'm not sure I can think of 100 things, but I'll sure try.)
1. I was born on the Ides of March.
2. The year was 1985.
3. When I was born, the doctor was worried about the size of my head.
4. He thought it might be too big for me to hold up on my own as soon as most babies do.
5. My poor mom.
6. I've always been pretty proud of the fact that I was born on the day Julius Caesar was assassinated.
7. Yes, I do know that's morbid.
8. But, maybe this pride explains my large head?!
9. I was born in a little town in Kansas.
10. The same one my MIL grew up in. (or maybe she just has family from there? I should ask.)
11. My MIL is into genealogy.
12. She was worried (or maybe just joked?) when my hubby and I started dating, that we might be related.
13. As far as I know, we're not.
14. I have one brother.
15. He's ALMOST 2 years older than me. (I think he regrets those 10 days ;-))
16. I also have parents who have been happily married for over 25 years.
17. You have no idea what this means to a girl! Not only does their commitment provide security for a girl who's girlfriends in grade school all had divorced parents, but I have to think it's also provides security in my marriage knowing that both my husband and I grew up around committed, loving parents.
18. I think that may have been a bit too serious for this list.
19. You may be thinking that number 18 was cheating because it wasn't something about me. But, it totally was. Notice how I said "I think?"
20. Number 19 was cheating.
21. I'm days (hours even!) away from my degree in Accounting.
22. And, no, this has nothing to do with whether or not I'm good at math.
23. I'm not good at math.
24. I have always wanted to run a tax consulting business out of my home.
25. I probably never will.
26. I HATE the only tax class I've ever taken.
27. My tax final is all that stands between me and freedom.
28. It's fairly likely that I could fail.
29. AND, do you know the type of liability that is involved with that line of business?! It frightens me.
30. I'm SO excited about my up-coming graduation party. (And I just can't hide it.)
31. Something else I'm excited about: a new tile floor in my kitchen.
32. My current kitchen floor is DISGUSTING.
33. It's stick on tile.
34. It makes me wonder: why, oh, why, would anyone do such a thing to a kitchen floor?!
35. My tile floor is going to look pretty!
36. Something close to this:
37. I stole the idea, colors, layout, everything from my friend Ruth.
38. I'm even having her brother's company lay the tile for me.
39. One of the conditions to get this new tile floor is that we had to do something about our leaky fridge.
40. It came with our new house.
41. It's leaked the whole time we've lived here (10 months). I wonder why they were willing to leave it in the contract?
42. But, we had someone come out on Thursday to fix it...
43. And it wasn't nearly as expensive as I had dreaded.
44. Money well spent, in my opinion!
45. The tile's not even close to the only improvement I'd like to make to our house.
46. I think I make my husband nervous when I talk about all my plans.
47. I won't list them here, because I worry about him having a heart attack.
48. But, I save up for these projects one dime at a time doing chores...so he's probably happy that his clean underwear will someday earn him new leather couches for our basement.
49. Though, I take MONTHS to pick out new furniture, so maybe he isn't too excited about that idea after all.
50. But, I have CUTE furniture now, so I think it's worth it.
51. I also have a cute hubby.
52. I love to poke him and tickle him and such things.
53. He grew up with siblings who would tickle him until he peed his pants (or maybe just until he was close?) and so, he doesn't enjoy it nearly as much as I do. The other day after a tickling fest, he said to me, "I'm terrified of you, but I love you!" :) It made me happy. Is that horrible? (The "It made me happy" is the part that allows me to count this as something about me.)
54. Of course, I can't blame the tickling siblings...
55. Because they have given me some pretty adorable nieces and nephews to play with!
56. We have 10 nieces and nephews. Aren't you jealous?!
57. It's so fun when they come over to play at our house.
58. We have legos.
59. And they all know right where they are.
60. ALSO! My honey agreed to let me turn one of our flower beds into a sand box for them!
61. I'm so so soooo excited about that idea!
62. Did you know that I write in my agenda almost religiously? (How's that for a transition?)
63. In fact, I retroactively write in my agenda.
64. For instance, if I go and get my haircut as a spur of the moment thing, I'll write in my agenda after the fact so that years from now, I'll know when it was I got that haircut.
65. Just kiddin' about that "years from now" thing...though I could!
66. Because I've kept every agenda I've ever used.
67. I'm a pack rat.
68. But, in my heart of hearts, I'm organized.
69. Or, I at least desire to be...but those two traits don't mix very well.
70. One reason I'm so looking forward to being done with school FOREVER!! (Have I mentioned that one or twenty times?) is so that I'll finally have time to get my newish house organized.
71. In fact, I have a entire list of projects I'd like to accomplish either before I find a job, or on my nights and weekends. (BLOGGING :), painting, organizing, cleaning, yard work, crafty projects, new year's resolutions...)
72. I like goals..if you haven't noticed already, you haven't been reading my blog longer than 5 minutes.
73. True story: I've run out of things to tell you about myself.
74. So I asked one of my girlfriends who's known me for years and years if there's anything she doesn't know about me that she'd like to.
75. Her first response was: "How many boyfriends have you had?" and my first answer was, "Is it sad that I have no idea?"
76. Contrary to what some of you may be thinking, this is NOT because I've had too many to count.
77. But, mostly, what does it matter? I'm a happily married woman.
78. But, if I had to guess off the top of my head, I'd say somewhere around 4-6.
79. All before I was in high school.
80. I had my first date with my hubby the day after my high school graduation.
81. In high school is really where I realized that it was pretty silly to be dating boys I had no intention of marrying.
82. So, I think it was a good 4-5 years between my last boyfriend and my now-hubby.
83. God is good, and he's given me a man who is perfectly suited to my needs and my desires.
84. I also asked my husband for ideas.
85. He asked, "What is/are your favorite book(s)?" That's really hard for me to say since I haven't had a lot of time to sit and read over the last 5 years. (Did I mention that I'm almost out of college?!)
86. I would have to say that my favorite is probably The Hobbit.
87. He also asked, "What's your favorite book of the Bible?" I'm not sure if this is a bad thing or not, but I don't think I have one.
88. "When you were a little girl, what did you want to be?" Hehe...if I told you an accountant, would you laugh at me?
89. I bet you probably would...so I'll say, "Ballerina." That was probably what I wanted to do in my younger years.
90. "What were your greatest fears?" I'm HORRIBLY terrified of spiders.
91. Even little tiny ones.
92. I can't handle it.
93. In fact, if I see a spider in our house, I won't kill it.
94. I wait for Micah to come home from work to kill it for me.
95. I go back into the room I saw the spider every 15 minutes or so to make sure it's still there.
96. There's really no logic to this solution. Cause, it freaks me out more when I go back and it's not there!
97. "Do you have any recurring dreams?" I know that I do....But I can't for the life of me think of them right now! Don't you hate that about dreams? They're kind of illusive while you're awake.
98. I learned how to schedule blog posts to show up at a future time/date.
99. I'm REALLY REALLY excited about this feature.
100. More excited than I'd like admit. But, seriously...it's a cool invention!
Another true story: I'm done with this list at 4:11 on Friday afternoon, but YOU won't see it until Saturday Morning! Have a good weekend!