Friday, May 23, 2008

Something I've learned....

They are few and far between...but one think I know for sure:
freezing sour cream just doesn't work.

In my quest to cook at home more, I've gotten a lot of advice from a lot of my friends, and a lot of them have told me that I could freeze a lot of things.

Obviously, there was A LOT of talking going on. :)

ANYWAY! One thing that was never totally agreed on was weather or not sour cream would be any good after it was frozen and then thawed.

So, being the smart cookie I am, I bought a tub on Manager's Special for 25 cents, and tried it.

Let me just tell you: it was NASTY!

I totally just saved you a dollar or so! You can go ahead and thank me in the comments.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

haha! good to know. I've never tried it.

meesh said...

Does this count as a "first"? Freezing sour cream and saving friends $$ on the information learned? Thanks for the tip!

Laurel said...

Thank ye, ma'am!

tsbjf said...

That is good to know!