Friday, May 09, 2008

Fourth First

Well, I did this one a LONG time ago, but I haven't been able to post for a while! I know it's a bit past week four in the new year, but I promise I have more firsts coming soon!




This is my first attempt at eating a grapefruit! It was good, but it was pretty messy! I wasn't quite sure how to eat it. Cutting and getting in it was interesting...

And, I was pretty sure that I had heard salt is good on them. So, I tried that. But, if I remember correctly, I liked sugar better.

It was a tasty first! :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

hm, I don't think I would like it with salt.

Jenny said...

Mmmm, I love grapefruit. What you do is cut it in half, coat the top with sugar, and use a spoon to scoop the inside out and eat it. At least that's how our mom taught us. haha

Rachel said...

Yes, that's how I always ate it too, cut in half. Then you dig out each wedge from between the "webbing" stuff that holds it together. Okay, that sounds weird...I'm not sure what to call that!

tsbjf said...

Ya, I eat it the same way as Jenny & Dave & Rachel. That's cool how you guys are dedicated to paying off those student loans! So what kind of jobs did you apply for?

MagenRanae said...

Joanne, I'm not really sure how to explain the jobs I applied for! :) I applied for 2 different positions at the company my husband already works for. One of the positions is exactly the same as what he does (customer service, in short), and the other one is a "Corporate Staff Accountant" which I think means I'd be doing taxes for part of the year (the tax season) and reconciliations for the other part of the year.

MagenRanae said...

Rachel, your "webbing" comment gave me quite the laugh today! But, I know exactly what you mean, so it was effective!

meesh said...

We also cut the grapefruit in half, then eat the wedges. Sometimes with sugar, sometimes not. I often cut around the edges of each wedge/triangle, to make for easier and faster eating. Way to go, adventurous one! Keep up the firsts!