Saturday, February 09, 2013

Desperate: Introduction

OK!  A few days (try,  a week and a half) late, but here I am to tell you what I thought of the introduction to Desperate: Hope for the Mom Who Needs to Breathe.

(If you don't know what I'm talking about -- feel free to read my previous post.)

Sarah (co-author) posted on the introduction over at her blog, and posed these questions:

How did the introduction speak to you?

If I'm going to be completely real, I have to say -- I bawled through the foreword of this book, and the tears didn't stop flowing as I continued through the introduction.

I mentioned in my first post a couple days ago, that this book could not have come at a better time for me.  (I LOVE how God uses friends in my life to share His words with me.)  I opened my mail that day, and laughed and then cried at the title and the sweet note inside.  "Magen, I hope you love this book; it has been a huge blessing and encouragement in my life!  I am praying for you and your role as wife and mother in your sweet little family!"

I've been on an emotional roller-coaster the last couple of months, and up until that point, I hadn't told anyone, including this friend.  I just kept thinking, if I pray hard enough, spend more time in the word, and put on my "big girl panties" then everything will be fine.

Receiving this book was like receiving permission to let my guard down.  To share with this friend, and others, that I really am struggling.  I've got all these systems in place.  I wake up early, exercise, shower, eat breakfast and have a time in the word before Micah even walks out the door lots of mornings.  It seems like everything is going along swimmingly, all morning long.  The boys wake up, I get them breakfast and get them dressed for the day, and send them on their merry way to play while I tackle some things for my business.

Where are you most feeling Desperate right now?

Somewhere along the way, though, I invariably start getting a panicky feeling.  Even changing that obviously stinky diaper can feel very overwhelming at times.

The title stuck me as so fitting, cause I can't seem to find a better word to describe my feelings, than just DESPERATE.  Desperate for a break; desperate to be refreshed; desperate for things to change.

I'm hoping this book will help me re-focus on God, His promises, and the great provisions He's made for us young moms in the "older" women around us.


My girlfriend Allison is also blogging about this over at http://schummexplosion.blogspot.com/ if you'd like to read more.

No comments: