The main focus of the chapter seems to be Romans 7:19-20: For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want. But if I am doing the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me.
Some quotes from this chapter that stuck out to me:
- Honey, at what age did you stop sinning? Because, that's when our children will stop.
- We need to offer them loads of grace and affirmation, so that they can be confident that we get it and we are on their teams.
- The home is a battlefield where sin and selfishness must be overcome, and that the taming, subduing, and civilizing of a home will be to a woman's honor.
- He desires to give us the strength to bring life into our homes and redeem them.
- But it is a choice you must make to not dwell in guilt, and to instead embrace God's helping hand. You must choose with God's help to be a victor instead of a casualty.
Such good stuff!