Monday, June 17, 2013

Desperate Chapter 10

Continuing on with the book, Desperate with Chapter 10 entitled, "Finding it out new."

I liked a few things Sally said in the video at the end of this chapter.  One of the things she encouraged us to do was to get away for a night at a hotel once per year to re-group, and re-evaluate what you're plan is, and what things you'd like to work on with your kids, what values you want to focus on.  I love that!  I feel like without a sought-out plan, I flounder through my days feeling like I'm not making progress.

The chapter was also full of hope that God is in the business of making things new.  That these desperate times are just a season in our life, and that we should enjoy them fully without guilt, not looking to get past them, but to truly live in them.  But then, it was also a reminder that some day we'll be on the other side -- able to help a young mom with laundry, or child care, etc, so she can breathe a bit.

So good!  Are you reading yet?   This book has truly been so very helpful to me, and I'd love to send you a copy, if you're wanting to read it!  Let me know! :)

No comments: