Monday, March 01, 2010

Grandma's House


My grandma has had this sign hanging over her basement stairs since I was a little girl. I always thought it meant that swimming wasn't allowed after 10pm (even though she didn't have a pool!) which always struck me as funny. It wasn't until I was a bit older that I realized this sign was not prohibiting SWIMMING, but swimming SUITS.

I'm not sure why, but this has made me giggle for years! Then, this year, my mom informed grandma of how much I adored the sign, and the fact that it has hung at my grandparents house for so many years. So, she took it off her wall and gave it to me for Christmas!

It now hangs proudly above Micah and I's basement stairs, and I couldn't be more pleased! A little piece of my grandma's house to enjoy throughout the day.

3 comments:

Laurel said...

How precious to be gifted something that you've always loved that is connected to someone dear to you. And it's a hoot, to boot! :-)

tsbjf said...

Ah, that was really sweet of her! And what a cool sign!

Unknown said...

:) can't wait to see it!