Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Exodus Chapter 34

As you all know, I'm reading through the Bible in a year, but this time I'm doing it in The Message. The idea is to get the big picture.

In chapter 34 of Exodus, I came across a wonderful passage. In the previous chapter, Moses asked God to let him see His glory. God agreed, saying that he would only be able to see God's back.

So, in chapter 34, Moses is back on the mountain and as God passes by him. The message says,

God passed in front of him and called out, "God, God, a God of mercy and grace, endlessly patient - so much love, so deeply true - loyal in love for a thousand generations, forgiving iniquity, rebellion, and sin. Still, he doesn't ignore sin. He holds sons and grandsons responsible for a father's sins to the third and even fourth generation."

I loved this! Isn't that the God I know? He IS a God of mercy. He IS a God of grace. He IS endlessly patient. I pray that you will be extremely aware of His loyalty and forgiveness this week.

What an amazing Lord we serve!

No comments: