Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Did you know...?

I'm in a tax class this semester, and I find it VERY fascinating! I am learning all sorts of new things!

SO, since it's so close to tax season, I thought it would be fun to share with you some of the interesting useless trivia I've picked up.

Did you know...
According to my textbook, Prentice Hall's Federal Taxation 2008 Individuals edition,
In 1986 when parents were only required to list the names of their children to claim them as dependents, 77 million kids were claimed.
Then, in 1987 when they were required to list Social Security numbers to prove the exemptions were valid, the number dropped to 70 million!

So, either people were cheating, they moved out of the country, or they don't like Social Security numbers!! :) You decide.


Did you also know...
That a woman bought a piano at an auction for $15, then, YEARS later, she found $4500 hidden in it, and the government made her pay taxes on the "income."

Craziness people. Just craziness!

No comments: