Friday, January 04, 2008

My First First

So, the new year is here...and with it brings 52 weeks to experience new things!

I've already done my first first, on New Year's Day, in fact.

Some of you may think it's lame - but too bad.

I went to my dear friend Anne's annual New Year's Day Birthday party. She has it every year with any family and friends that would like to come. This year it was at her home church, from 10am til 8pm. Lots and lots of games were played, lunch was served, and a huge game of four square was enjoyed by many. It was a blast.

Why do I count it as my first? Well, duh! I've never been before - even though there's been talk about going for several years now. I'm a pretty social person, when it comes to one-on-one time. But, for some reason, I drag my feet about getting together in large groups. I don't know why I do this, because, just like on Tuesday, I ALWAYS have fun.

So, that's why I'm including it in my list of firsts. Hopefully when the next large group gathering comes up, I'll remember the fun I had this week, and be eager to go instead of wishing we had something better to do!

1 comment:

tsbjf said...

Sounds fun! I miss playing four square, that game is great.