Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Bake Sale/Sleep over

So, a few weeks ago I had the duty of being the sole authority for 12 junior high and highschool girls as they embarked on an all day bake sale.

Yes, that's right, I said ALL DAY. We started at 10:30 am on a Saturday. And, since the baking was going to be at the church, one of the high school girls that had planned decided that we would bake through the night and sleep at the church so that all the girls could come to church the next morning. Then, after church, we went to the nearest Walmart and sold the baked goods.

I don't know about you, but, I'm married. And, in my circle, married means your OLD!! (We often joke that when you're married, you add your ages together!) So, I just turned 48 - and 48 year olds are not meant to have slumber parties where the only place to sleep is the floor....and where the average age is 13.

I'm sure many of you have heard my complaints about this situation before...so why am I posting about it?

1. To complain about it some more

2. To share the Lord's faithfulness

Now that the complaining is out of the way, on to the praise.

Our Lord is SO good, SO faithful, and SO big.

Needless to say, I started this weekend feeling so overwhelmed, so inadequate (did I mention that I've only ever baked pre-packaged cookie dough? Seriously. I'm ashamed.), and so tired.

BUT, God provided for me in ways I would have never thought possible (to my shame, really). I was praying harder than I ever have before, that day. Mostly I was praying that the Lord would show me what the girls were "up to" before it was too late. And, of course, He did.

There were rancid cookies - but they got thrown out.

Pizzas got baked with the cardboard tray - but there was no fire.

There were lots of age groups, and cliques - and only one run in.

AND, everything got cleaned up before we went to bed, so the church was ready come Sunday morning.

The Lord we serve is faithful, ladies! Praise Him.

2 comments:

MagenRanae said...

Oh! AND, I leave Friday for yet another sleep over...but this time I'll have my honey for back up. Should be great!

tsbjf said...

Woah, you are a brave 48 year old to get into something like that!