Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Cooking Adventures

Back in December, I started telling you about how my 50 cooking firsts for last year went, but the post was getting too long, and I didn't finish.


So, here's the story behind #15, as promised:

15.) I made a peach cobbler (9/22) with real peaches for my dad. It took me 2.5 hours, and my kitchen was a disaster, but I did it. I even learned how to peel a peach, which I didn't even know was an issue before making this. Who would have thought you needed boiling water?!


Then, get this: the cobbler had not even been in the oven for 5 minutes yet when my mom calls. She had a few things to tell me, then asked me what I was doing, so I told her about how I was cleaning up my wreck of a kitchen. And, guess what she tells me? Dad was out of town for the rest of the week! He would not be here to enjoy the fruit of my labor!



So, I also learned that you can freeze peach cobbler. ;-)

I'm looking forward to the farmer's market starting up again in the not-so-distant future so I can try my hand at this again.

No comments: