Friday, August 31, 2007

God is SERIOUS about Love!

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved
you, that you also love one another. By this all men will know that you are My
disciples, if you have love for one another.

I was struck in my reading today about how many instructions 1 Corintithians 13 gives on love. I mean, I know it's called the Love Chapter, but have you ever counted? Just in verses 4-8, I got this list:


Love:

  • Does not brag
  • Is not arrogant
  • Does not act unbecomingly
  • Does not seek its own
  • Is not provoked
  • Does not take into account a wrong suffered
  • Does not rejoice in unrighteousness
  • Rejoices with the truth
  • Bears all things
  • Believes all things
  • Hopes all things
  • Endures all things
  • Never fails


I say that I love my husband. I say that I love my family and friends. But, am I loving them the way God would have me to love them?

No comments: