Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Encouragement for the weary mom...

    So, I'm not going to lie -- the last several weeks have been very tough for me.

    The point of this post is not to complain, so I won't list all the details.  If I had to boil it down, I'd say: sick kids, lots of work, and spiritual battles. (Nothing too hard, huh? ;-))

    The "spiritual battles" is where this blog post came in: http://www.girltalkhome.com/blog/from-one-mom-to-another-dont-grow-weary 

    It was published in mid-December, but I'm just now getting to it, as I'm way behind in my Google Reader (another one of my New Year's resolutions!)  But, I'm glad it worked out that way -- God is so good.  I'm not sure I would have benefited from it as much then as I did this week.  

   I've been so discouraged in our training of sweet Myrick.  He's got such a soft, teachable spirit.  He desires to obey, to please God and us.  But, sometimes he's just flat out selfish.  (I'm so glad I don't have that problem...)

   Truth is, I hate seeing that he's selfish.  I hate correcting and training him to put others first.  I hate being confronted with my own sin in such a real way.

    The writer of the letter referred to in the blog post above pointed the young mom to Galatians 6:9 for encouragement.

“And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.”

    But, it was her undoubtedly inspired interpretation that got to me.  She said:

"The promise of reaping a good harvest is not dependent upon the perfections of the good we do (we fail so often don’t we?!) but simply in not giving up. And I must depend upon His faithfulness to not give up."


Such a good reminder!  

The post is short, if you have a minute to read the whole thing.  I hope it blesses you, as it did me.

No comments: