Monday, June 04, 2007

Proverbs 25

Lots to consider in this proverb!

Verses 11-12:
Like apples of gold in settings of silver is a word spoken in right circumstances.
Like an earring of gold and an ornament of fine gold is a wise reprover to a listening ear.


So many times I think that I know just the right thing to say in a given situation. How wrong I can be!! Too many of those times, I probably did know the right thing to say, just didn't pick the right time. My problem is, that I'm defining the right time, I am not letting the Lord show me HIS perfect timing.

Verses 21-22:
If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat; and if he is thristy, give him water to drink;
For you will heap buring coals on his head, and the Lord will reward you.

Verse 24:

It is better to live in the corner of the roof than in a house shared with a contentious woman.

I've heard this verse quoted several times, but have never really stopped to think on it. According to dictionary.com contentious means:
1. tending to argument or strife; quarrelsome
2. causing, involving, or characterized by argument or controversy

I wouldn't normally think of myself as a contentious woman...but as I read these definitions, I could totally think of times that I have been contentious. And, at first thought...why should it matter? I mean, I'm not contentious ALL the time...just a few times, here and there. But then, don't I want my hubby to be happy living with me all the time? Should I be content to only make him happy he chose me as his bride MOST of time time?

Thank you, Lord, that You are continuing Your work in me.

No comments: